Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What Are You Searching For?



 
Way back when (a few years ago) when I wasn’t saved in some points in my life I was filled with sadness, fear, hurt, rebellion, vanity, and many other spirits that just came with not being saved. I can say that I was looking for something to fill a void because how many know that majority of the time while we weren’t saved and doing whatever that we was looking for something to fill an empty spot within us whether it was with food/having a gluttonous spirit, drinking, smoking, having sex; whatever it was our hearts were searching for something at least mine was. For example at one point in my life my family and I lost our home and was living with family and friends for a month or so, and while in this test my heart was searching for a comfort that no one could give me but God, and I was willing to do anything to find it. I was willing to almost give my purity up (if it won’t for God blocking every “appointment” I scheduled it would have happened) which would have led to soul ties that were not needed at all! I was searching in all the wrong places and for the wrong things to fill a void that no person or thing here on earth can fill.

After searching for the wrong one day it was like God slapped me like Nicole you’re not going to find what you’re looking for because you are not searching for me. It didn’t happen overnight, but quickly I started to search for God/Be saved (But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29). Searching for God led to me totally surrendering my life to Him and giving up the spirits that were not of him. I gave up the obsession of secular music (waking up, in class, at home, and going to sleep listening to secular music), the wrong friends (those that know you’re trying to do right but persuading you to do wrong), and I started getting busy doing ministry to glorify Him and also to not have an idle mind. God has changed my life in so many ways when searching and now continuing to pursue Him because although situations come God is that comforter and void filler that keeps me level headed (should’ve been cray cray a long time ago), and once you find someone that will never leaves you or say you’re not important to me that’s someone you can never give up on!

Search for God he will fill every void that you think cannot be filled!

If you don’t know where to start with searching for God…Step 1: Give your life to God (Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9).

I will end with this scripture “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

 

I love you all, but REMEMBER that God loves you MOST!! Be Blessed!

2 comments: