Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Maybe it’s YOU!


Have you ever sat and wondered God why am I going through this situation, how could you let me get here, and why aren’t you doing anything to get me out. Well I have, and I came to the realization Hey Nicole! Maybe it’s YOU! Every single situation that I went through other than deaths of family members or friends were in my control. I can speak for myself for one point in my life I would say God why are you not speaking to me, why can’t I hear you, and why are you not blessing me when in all actuality I was not doing what was required of me to receive these things. I was not reading my word like I was supposed to, praying as required, fasting, or even giving Him his time out of my day. I was working God around my schedule rather than working my schedule around God. Not doing what I was supposed to be doing lead to much turmoil in my life school, friends, guys, and ultimately sin. I would often sit and say why can’t you change me God, or why do you allow these temptations or desires when I really did not want to get rid of them myself. I was still hanging around the wrong people, listening to any and every type of music, and just doing the opposite of what I was praying for myself. When I finally realized that it was me and my mind that was hindering me I gave these things to God and really wanted in my heart to be changed; this lead to me reading my bible more, praying, and fasting. The outcome was I was stronger (He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Isaiah 40:29), wiser (But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5), and overall just a new and improved person. (This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17)


So if you’re ever sitting and thinking WHY WHY WHY God did you put me here STOP and think how did I get here, did I put myself here, MAYBE IT IS ME, and how can I change to get out of this! If you do not know the first step to change here it is the best advice I can give anyone………SURRENDER YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST AND GIVE EVERYTHING TO HIM HE’LL WORK IT ALL OUT!!!

I love you all, but GOD loves you most!



No comments:

Post a Comment